Airport Taxis GB is an established, family run organization and its actions have an impact on the livelihood of thousands of people, and an impact on the local environment and community. Employees are expected to have regard for the impact of their personal behaviour on the company, staff, drivers, customers, environment and our community.
Health and Safety
Airport Taxis GB will act positively to minimize the incidence of all workplace risks as required by the Health and Safety at Work Act and other associated legislations. All activities are carried out with the highest regard for the health and safety of all staff, drivers, customers, visitors and the public at large. Our aim is excellence in health and safety, by means of continuous improvement of standards, and comprehensive use of risk assessments so as to systematically remove the causes of accidents/incidents and ill-health. This, together with more specific aims and objectives, demonstrates Airport Taxis GB’s commitment to be a health promoting organization.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Airport Taxis GB has a strong commitment to equal opportunity. This means that all of Airport Taxis GB staff and drivers understand and respect that there is a diverse work force and community within which we operate and that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and equality. Valuing diversity means that we recognise that we all have complex identities made up of many strands. These can include, but are not limited to, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical and mental aptitudes, nationality, socio-economic status, and religious, political or other beliefs.
Harassment and bullying
Airport Taxis GB values the diversity of staff and customers, and is committed to enabling everyone to participate in the company community without fear of harassment, bullying or intimidation. Everyone at Airport Taxis GB is responsible for ensuring that their own behaviour, whether intentional or unintentional, does not constitute harassment. Airport Taxis GB will take action against inappropriate behaviour which shows lack of respect for others or which leads people to feel uncomfortable or threatened.
Access to confidential information
Although Airport Taxis GB attempts to conduct its business in an open fashion there will be times when individuals, through their positions as members of staff, become aware of confidential information, either about other individuals or in connection with Airport Taxis GB commercial activities. Individuals should be aware of the need to keep such matters confidential and to respect the proper channels of communication for such information.
Airport Taxis GB recognizes that information and the associated processes, systems and networks are valuable assets and that the management of personal data has important implications for individuals. Through its security policies, procedures and structures, Airport Taxis GB will facilitate the secure and uninterrupted flow of information, both within the company and in external communications. Airport Taxis GB believes that security is an integral part of the information sharing which is essential to corporate endeavour.
What we do with the information we gather
We require certain information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Airport Taxis GB holds and processes information about employees, drivers, customers and other data subjects for administrative and commercial purposes. When handling such information, Airport Taxis GB, and all staff or others who process or use any personal information, always comply with the Data Protection Act. Any doubts about data protection issues should be referred to management immediately.
Raising matters of concern
Airport Taxis GB staff have the right and a duty to raise any matters of concern which they may have. This should normally be through the manager but in circumstances where this is not appropriate they may approach the Director in confidence. No individual who expresses their views in good faith and in line with this guidance will be penalised for doing so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.